This page lists books which contain trigger warnings for the umbrella of abuse, neglect and abandonment.
This includes emotional, verbal, psychological, and physical abuse, including child and parental abuse. Neglect, gaslighting, and abandonment is also collected here. Click on each title to discover which warnings specifically apply to each book.
For sexual abuse, please see either the Paedophilia, grooming, child sexual abuse, and child sexual assault & rape page. Sexual assault, rape and other sexual violence-related warnings are collated separately and can found listed on the database.
For abusive relationships, including domestic (or intimate partner) abuse & violence, please see the Domestic or intimate partner abuse & violence and abusive relationships page.
For any other related warnings not listed here, please see the database for our comprehensive list.
- The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- After the Eclipse by Fran Dorricott
- After the Fire by Will Hill
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson
- All Eyes on Us by Kit Frick
- All of Us with Wings by Michelle Ruiz Keil
- All That Entails by E.M. Hamill
- All That Impossible Space by Anna Morgan
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- King and the Dragonflies by Kacen Callender
- A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho