Find Me Their Bones by Sara Wolf
In order to protect Prince Lucien d’Malvane’s heart, Zera had to betray him. Now, he hates the sight of her. Trapped in Cavanos as a prisoner of the king, she awaits the inevitable moment her witch severs their magical connection and finally ends her life. But fate isn’t ready to give her up just yet.
With freedom coming from the most unlikely of sources, Zera is given a second chance at life as a Heartless. But it comes with a terrible price. As the king mobilizes his army to march against the witches, Zera must tame an elusive and deadly valkerax trapped in the tunnels underneath the city if she wants to regain her humanity.
Winning over a bloodthirsty valkerax? Hard. Winning back her friends before war breaks out? A little harder. But a Heartless winning back Prince Lucien’s heart? The hardest thing she’s ever done.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Persecution for witchcraft (theme)
- Child abuse recounted
- Self-harm (on-page)
- Self-sacrifice discussed
- Alcohol consumption
- Nonconsensual drugging
- Graphic blood & gore depiction, including dead bodies
- Cannibalism mentioned
- Grief & loss depiction
- Death of a mother & father recounted
- Death of a grandfather mentioned
- Murder & attempted murder
- Knife violence & stabbing
- Loss of autonomy (mind control)
- War themes (central theme)
- Animal cruelty & torture
- Animal injury, blood & body parts
- Animal attack
- Hunting mentioned