This page lists books which contain trigger warnings for various eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia, and AFRID, as well as all warnings related to disordered eating and disordered weight & body thoughts. You can click on each title for more context.
All titles with eating disorders will also appear on the Mental Health page, which collects all books with mental illness representation.
See also Fatmisia and body shaming.
If you’re looking for more other related warnings, please see the database for a comprehensive list.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- All of the Above by Juno Dawson
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
- Arctic Sun by Annabeth Albert
- The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
- Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West
- Fat Chance, Charlie Vega by Crystal Maldonado
- Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
- The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib
- I’ll Be the One by Lyla Lee
- Muted by Tami Charles
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson