Keira is ready for her life to return to normal. Though, to be fair, normal is a tall ask when your ability to see ghosts has landed you the job of groundskeeper in a small town’s cemetery. When Keira receives an invitation to dinner at Dane Crispin’s crumbling ancestral estate, she knows she can’t refuse. The last living descendant of the Crispin family is reclusive. Keira only met him once…on the night he tried to kill her. The mansion is steeped in history that is equal parts complicated and bloody. Keira senses the presence of restless spirits the moment she steps through its door. And Dane, waiting for her inside, wants to ask for her help.
Trigger & Content Warnings
- Familial estrangement mentioned
- Parent with a chronically, and possibly terminally, ill parent (sc)
- Blood and physical injuries, on-page
- Arson and damage to property discussed
- Murder including murder by stabbing and knife violence, on-page
- Gun violence