Duma Key by Stephen King
When Edgar Freemantle moves to the remote island of Duma Key to escape his past, he doesn’t expect to find much there.
But Duma has been waiting for him. The shells beneath his house are whispering to him, and something in the view from his window urges him to discover a talent he never knew he had.
Edgar Freemantle begins to paint. And as he paints, the island’s secrets begin to stir. Secrets of children lost in the undertow, of a ghost ship riding the distant horizon – and a family’s buried past reaching long hands into the present.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Domestic violence
- Suicidal ideation
- Attempted suicide by gunshot recounted
- Blood depiction
- Physical injuries from a workplace accident, including an amputated right arm and a head injury impairing speech, vision and memory
- Death of a wife & daughter recounted
- Death of a sister by drowning
- Paternal flicide by drowning