A Snowfall of Silver by Laura Wood
A snow-dusted love story.
In the Autumn of 1931, eighteen-year-old Freya Trevelyan runs away from her home in Cornwall to follow her dream of becoming an actress. When she is invited to join a theatrical company about to head out on tour, Freya thinks the path to success is clear, and, amidst all the glamour and bustle of stage life, she finds – for the first time – a place to belong. But can reality ever live up to her expectations? What if her life – and falling in love – turn out to be nothing like she planned? An enchanting coming of age romance about following your dreams – even when they aren’t quite what you expected.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Racism, racial objectification & racial slur/s (specifically ‘exotic’)
- Misogyny & sexism (including mansplaining)
- Sexual assault (non-consensual kissing) & sexual harassment
- Victim blaming, toxic relationship, gaslighting, verbal abuse and intimidation tactics
- Anxiety & implied Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive episode
- Alcohol consumption and smoking
- Graphic emesis (on-page)