The Words by Ashley Jade
He was the talented bad boy everyone wanted. I was the irrelevant geek everyone hated. He was the sun, drawing all of us in. I was a black hole, taking up space. He was destined to be a star. I was destined to remain an insignificant no one. Until he made me believe I was special… And then he destroyed me. I never thought I’d see Phoenix Walker again after he broke my heart, but fate had other plans. One tour. Eight weeks. Forty shows. Countless opportunities to make him pay. The world thought he was a God… But I knew the truth.
Trigger & Content Warnings
- Fatmisia & body-shaming (theme)
- Dubious consent scenario, on-page
- Child abuse
- Abusive & toxic relationship
- Recovery from substance abuse issues
- Parent with early-onset dementia
- Disordered eating as a coping mechanism for grief mentioned
- Alcohol consumption & abuse recounted
- Drug abuse & use recounted
- Grief & loss depiction
- Death of a mother during childbirth recounted
*Context : The heroine is hired as the hero’s sober companion. The heroine was bullied for her weight in high school.