I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
Jennette McCurdy was six years old when she had her first acting audition. Her mother’s dream was for her only daughter to become a star, and Jennette would do anything to make her mother happy. So she went along with what Mom called “calorie restriction,” eating little and weighing herself five times a day. She endured extensive at-home makeovers while Mom chided, “Your eyelashes are invisible, okay? You think Dakota Fanning doesn’t tint hers?” She was even showered by Mom until age sixteen while sharing her diaries… Read more.
Trigger & Content Warnings
- Ableism (r slur)
- Fatmisia & body-shaming
- Child physical, verbal and emotional abuse including gaslighting
- Grooming and sexually predatory behaviour toward a minor discussed
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorder (bulimia)
- Graphic disordered eating including food restriction, bingeing, purging and over-exercising (theme)
- Alcohol consumption
- Death of a mother from terminal breast cancer
Comments are closed.