How to Talk About Climate Change in a Way That Makes a Difference by Rebecca Huntley
Why is it so hard to talk about climate change? While scientists double down on the shocking figures, we still find ourselves unable to discuss climate change meaningfully among friends and neighbours – or even to grapple with it ourselves.
The key to progress on climate change is in the psychology of human attitudes and our ability to change. Whether you’re already alarmed and engaged with the issue, concerned but disengaged, a passive skeptic or an active denier, understanding our emotional reactions to climate change – why it makes us anxious, fearful, angry or detached – is critical to coping on an individual level and convincing each other to act.
This book is about understanding why people… Read more.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Child sexual abuse mentioned
- Eco-anxiety & climate depression discussed
- Suicide mentioned
- Displacement and loss of property & land discussed
- Food insecurity & water scarcity discussed
- Poverty discussed
- Natural disasters, including hurricanes, drought, bushfire, & floods, discussed at length