Autoboyography by Christina Lauren
Three years ago, Tanner Scott’s family relocated from California to Utah, a move that nudged the bisexual teen temporarily back into the closet. Now, with one semester of high school to go, and no obstacles between him and out-of-state college freedom, Tanner plans to coast through his remaining classes and clear out of Utah.
But when his best friend Autumn dares him to take Provo High’s prestigious Seminar—where honor roll students diligently toil to draft a book in a semester—Tanner can’t resist going against his better judgment and having a go, if only to prove to Autumn how silly the whole thing is. Writing a book in four months sounds simple. Four months is an eternity… Read more.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Homomisia, internalised homomisia & homomisic slurs
- Religious bigotry
- Coming out (central theme)
- Conversion therapy discussed
- Death of a father during military service mentioned
- Ex-communication from Mormon community mentioned