Angelfall by Susan Ee
It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco where she’ll risk everything to rescue her sister and he’ll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Ableism and ableist language
- Sexual harassment
- Implied rape threat
- Implied sex work
- Parental abandonment recounted
- Paranoid schizophrenia, side character
- Delusions and hallucinations mentioned
- Alcohol consumption
- Graphic blood and gore depiction
- Dead bodies and body parts
- Nonconsensual body modification, central theme
- Graphic physical injuries
- Graphic human experimentation
- Graphic scars
- Death of children discussed
- Murder and attempted murder
- Knife violence
- Gun violence
- Physical assault
- Kidnapping and captivity
- War themes
- Animal attack