The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare
Most people would do anything to get into the Magisterium and pass the Iron Trial. Not Callum Hunt.
Call has been told his whole life that he should never trust a magician. And so he tries his best to do his worst — but fails at failing. Now he must enter the Magisterium. It’s a place that’s both sensational and sinister. And Call realizes it has dark ties to his past and a twisty path to his future.
The Iron Trial is just the beginning, for the biggest test is still to come . . .
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Ableism, internalised ableism & ableist language
- Physical injuries, scars & surgery mentioned
- Grief & loss depiction
- Death of a mother & wife recounted
- Murder & mass murder (off-page)
- Near-drowning incident
- Animal death and animal attack