Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
Mila Flores and her best friend Riley have always been inseparable. There’s not much excitement in their small town of Cross Creek, so Mila and Riley make their own fun, devoting most of their time to Riley’s favorite activity: amateur witchcraft.
So when Riley and two Fairmont Academy mean girls die under suspicious circumstances, Mila refuses to believe everyone’s explanation that her BFF was involved in a suicide pact. Instead, armed with a tube of lip gloss and an ancient grimoire, Mila does the unthinkable to uncover the truth: she brings the girls back to life.
Unfortunately, Riley, June, and Dayton have no recollection of their murders, but they do have unfinished business to attend to. Now, with only seven days until the spell wears off and the girls return to their graves, Mila must wrangle the distracted group of undead teens and work fast to discover their murderer…before the killer strikes again.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Fatmisia/fat-shaming, racism and sexism
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression
- Blood and gore depiction, dead bodies and physical injuries
- Grief depiction, death of a friends, sister, classmate, child and girlfriend
- Murder, stabbing and knife violence, gun violence and hanging
- Drowning, fire and home invasion
- Animal death and animal sacrifice