Felix Love has never been in love—and, yes, he’s painfully aware of the irony. He desperately wants to know what it’s like and why it seems so easy for everyone but him to find someone. What’s worse is that, even though he is proud of his identity, Felix also secretly fears that he’s one marginalization too many—Black, queer, and transgender—to ever get his own happily-ever-after.
When an anonymous student begins sending him transphobic messages—after publicly posting Felix’s deadname alongside images of him before he transitioned—Felix comes up with a plan for revenge. What he didn’t count on: his catfish scenario landing him in a quasi–love triangle….
But as he navigates his complicated feelings, Felix begins a journey of questioning and self-discovery that helps redefine his most important relationship: how he feels about himself.
- Alcohol consumption
- Cyberbullying and cyberharassment
- Coming out themes
- Disownment due to sexuality discussed
- Emotional parental abuse
- Emotional domestic abuse mentioned
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Internalised bismisia discussed
- Needles and injection (op)
- Queermisic parents
- Parental abandonment
- Racist microaggresions
- Recreational drug use
- Surgery (top surgery) recounted
- Transmisia and transmisia language