All the Stars and the Teeth by Adalyn Grace
As princess of the island kingdom Visidia, Amora Montara has spent her entire life training to be High Animancer — the master of souls. The rest of the realm can choose their magic, but for Amora, it’s never been a choice. To secure her place as heir to the throne, she must prove her mastery of the monarchy’s dangerous soul magic.
When her demonstration goes awry, Amora is forced to flee. She strikes a deal with Bastian, a mysterious pirate: he’ll help her prove she’s fit to rule, if she’ll help him reclaim his stolen magic.
But sailing the kingdom holds more wonder — and more peril — than Amora anticipated. A destructive new magic is on the rise, and if Amora is to conquer it, she’ll need to face legendary monsters, cross paths with vengeful mermaids, and deal with a stow-away she never expected… or risk the fate of Visidia and lose the crown forever.
Trigger & Content Warnings:
- Arranged marriage
- Physical and emotional domestic abuse recounted (chapter 29)
- Cheating discussed
- Attempted sexual assault recounted (in chapter 19)
- Forced sex work recounted
- Suicide (on-page)
- Self-harm and self-injury
- Grief & loss depiction
- Death of a father (on-page)
- Graphic blood & gore depiction
- Graphic dead bodies & body parts
- Graphic autopsy
- Dismemberment and amputation
- Graphic dental torture and general teeth-related warning
- Physical injuries
- Murder (on-page) and attempted murder
- Torture (on-page)
- War & rebellion themes
- Animal abuse/torture (brief scene in chapter 29)
- Alcohol consumption
The author, Adalyn Grace, provided a detailed breakdown of content warnings here.
This post uses an affiliate link.